July 8-12 - Castles and Catapults - Build a castle, create your own dragon, and construct a catapult that will launch an attack over the castle wall.
July 15-19 - The Classics - Nerf wars, Lego building, snap circuits, Candy Land tournament, and many more fun games to cure the going back to school blues.
July 22-26 - Blast from the Past - From disco to the moonwalk, let's step back in time from the 1950s to now. Complete crafts, try food, and dance your way through each decade.
July 29-August 2 - Adventures in Wonderland - Scavenger hunts, card games, and puzzles are sure to make this week exciting.
August 5-9 - Explorium Beasts and Where to Find Them - create your own beat, travel through the Museum to unravel the mystery, and crack the codes to reveal the magic of the Explorium!
Summer camps are provided in partnership with White, Greer, & Maggard Orthodontics. Thanks to WGM for providing 11 weeks of fun and educational activities for kids to experiment, build, create, and explore the world.
School Day Out Camps
The Explorium offers fun and educational camps most days that Fayette County is scheduled out of school.
AUGUST 23 –
KITCHEN CHEMISTRY – Paint with
M&Ms, explode Diet Coke and Mentos and explore science using common
OCTOBER 3-4 - NERF WARS – Make your own targets and test your accuracy with the Ping-Pong Challenge!
NOVEMBER 27 - DINO-RIFIC – Look at bones, make your own fossil and conduct an archaeological dig!
DECEMBER 23 – GROSSOLOGY – Make fake snot, learn about your body and get gross!
DECEMBER 26, 27, 30, 31 AND JANUARY 2, 3 – MAKER FUN – Make art bots, build a fort and create a straw rocket!
FEBRUARY 17 – CRAZY CHARACTERS – Create your own comic with as many characters as you can come up with!
MARCH 20 – BACKYARD BUGS – Meet the bugs, create your own bug and learn about all the backyard creates!
MARCH 30 AND APRIL 1, 2, 3 – BEACH STAYCATION – Spend your spring break eating popsicles, having a Luau and making sidewalk chalk and slime!
MAY 19 – CAMPOUT – Make s’mores, build a fort and learn about different forest animals!
Full and half-day options are available.
Snow Day Camps
Snow Day Camps – On most days that Fayette County Schools close for snow days, the Explorium will be open from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm for our Snow Day Camp. No prior registration is necessary.
Simply check our Facebook page to make sure that we are open.
School Day Out, Summer, and Snow Day Camp Policies
- Full Day: $50/$45 members
- Half Day: $25/$22.50 members
- Weeklong Full Day: $225/$205 members
- Weeklong Half Day: $115.00/$105.00 members
- Snow Day Full Day: $40
- Snow Day Half Day: $20
Policies and Information:
- All camps are open for full or half day (AM or PM) options.
- During weeklong camps, registration by the day is available one week prior to the start of camp. Note: campers will not be lost or feel like they have missed content if they are only at camp for one day. There is a theme for the camp, but all activities are stand alone.
- Camps (except for snow day) run from 8AM-5:30PM with AM half day 8AM-12:30PM and PM half day 12:30PM-5:30PM
- Snow day camps are 8:30am - 5:30pm with half day options availble.
- All campers must be able to use the bathroom independently
- Snacks are provided in the morning and afternoon. Full day campers must bring their lunch.
- With at least 24 hour notice, early arrival or late pick up times are available for $5 per half hour with earliest drop off at 7:30 AM and latest pick up 6:00PM.
Click here to register or call us at 859-258-3253 for more information.