Please email the following for information:
Summer Camp Leader
The Explorium of Lexington is currently hiring qualified individuals to teach its summer camp. The camps are open to students from Pre-K - 5th grade and are held for 13 weeks (from May 25th*-August 11th). The position will be off on major holidays (July 4th and Memorial Day). Camp leaders are responsible for teaching lessons planned by other staff and making sure all campers adhere to Explorium policy. Applicants should be energetic and feel comfortable working with up to 15 children at a time. Camp runs from 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. each day, with breaks provided for camp leaders. See below for additional information:
- Interested applicants should be at least 18 years old with experience working with children.
- Background checks will be conducted on applicants prior to hiring.
- Pay is $9/hour for approximately 40 hours per week.
- To apply, e-mail resume to Kyle Phillips at Phillips@explorium.com
*Start date dependent on winter weather and Fayette County snow days.
The Explorium of Lexington is seeking an unpaid intern to assist with curatorial and programming duties. Interns will assist the curator with creating and maintaining hands-on exhibit experience. This may include anything from installation, reorganization projects, troubleshooting permanent exhibits, painting walls, and more. Training will be given on the job.
- Interest in exhibit design or Arts Administration as a career
- Ability to problem solve
- Basic wall painting skills preferred, but not required
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team
Contact Catie Fulcher, Curator and Programming Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Chandler, Visitor Services Manager
Birthday, Group Visit bookings, Membership purchases, Hiring Visitor Services Specialists Staff
Catie Fulcher, Curator and Programming Coordinator
Exhibit Design, Traveling Exhibits, Weekend and Annual Programs
Shakir Epps, Marketing and Development Coordinator
Marketing, Development, Fundraising, Rentals, Donations of tickets
Lee Ellen Martin, Executive Director
Development and Fundraising, Marketing, Accounts Payable, HR
Kyle Phillips, Community Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator
Kalli Turner, Education Coordinator
Group Visits/Enrichments Programs, Travelling Trunks, Field Trips To Go, Special Group Visit Programming (Kentucky Heritage, Literacy, Science, Engineering, Civics, ExploraSmile, or call for special requests)
Board of Directors
- Matthew Courtney, Secretary
- Aulander Daniels
- Gene Guinn, Chair
- Brent O’Neill, Vice Chair
- Barbara Rubin
- Patrick Singleton, Treasurer
- Alex Terry
- Marty Tucker
- Thomas Wong